Academic degree, academic title: Doctor of Pedagogy (1995), Professor (1994), honoured worker of the higher school of the Russian Federation, honoured worker of education of Moscow region, honourary worker of higher professional education, high achiever of national education, high achieverof education of the USSR.
Place of work: State educational institution of higher education of Moscow region «State University of Humanities and Technology”.
Scientific interest. A.A. Shatalov is a well-known scientist in the field of history of pedagogy and education, philosophical and pedagogical heritage of L. N. Tolstoy, school management and high school pedagogy. He explores the problems of theory and history of education in Russia of the 19-th century, the philosophical-pedagogical heritage of L. N. Tolstoy, the Russian religious philosophers, the problems of pedagogical education and training of teachers in modern conditions, organizational and pedagogical activities of municipal bodies of national education and educational institutions.
The most significant publications:
The author of more than 140 scientific works, including 10 monographs and textbooks.
1. L. N. Tolstoy and people’s school. M.: MGOPI, 1994. 150 p.
2. The pedagogy of L. N. Tolstoy. M.: Moscow state pedagogical University im. M. A. Sholokhova, 2006. 223 p.
3. A teacher and a new school. Orekhovo-Zuevo: GGTU, 2010. 279 p.
4. Diagnosis and quality of education at the University. Orekhovo-Zuevo: MGOPI, 2005. 169 p. (in co-authorship with V. V. Afanasyev).
5. L. N. Tolstoy about the education of personality. M.: MPSI; Voronezh: NGO, 1999. 224 p.
6. The idea of a patriotic national education. Tambov: Yulis, 2018. 196 p., etc.
1. The education system and its legal support // Theses of the VI International scientific and practical conference «Problems and prospects of legislation on education and its codification». M.: PFUR. 2001. P. 71-73.
2. A new teacher for a new school / / Higher school of the 21st century. 2010. No. 7. P. 20-22.
3. The road will be mastered by the going // the University in terms of upgrading the system of education // Teacher. 2002. P. 52-55.
4. On the problem of a teacher status and training of a new generation of teachers // Accreditation in education. 2010. No. 2. P. 31.
5. K. D. Ushinsky and V. A. Sukhomlinsky on the role of books and native language in intellectual and moral education of the individual. 2017. No. 5. P. 61-68.
6. The humanistic concept of the pedagogical system of L. N. Tolstoy // Education of pupils. 2014. No. 9. P. 66-73.
7. L. N. Tolstoy about the naturalness of education. In the collection.: Historical and pedagogical research and problems of development strategy of modern domestic education. M.: ITP i MI RAO, 1993.
8. L. N. Tolstoy and Russian school / / Pedagogy. 2007. No. 1. P. 86-93.
9. Humanism pedagogy of Sukhomlinsky V. A. // Vestnikof GGTU. 2016. No. 1. P. 22-27.
10. Humanistic ideas of N. I. Pirogov and K. D. Ushinsky about the upbringing of the personality // Vestnik of GGTU. 2016. No. 4. P. 13-18.